Removals to France – new customs requirements.
Since January 1st 2021 the rules for moving household goods to France have changed. Here is the list of documents required, along with prohibited items. Having already moved some customers to France since January, we are ready to help you with the changes and to ensure you are prepared for the changes.
- Detailed Inventory with Values
- Signed “bon de non cession” French Customs Form
- Proof of Residence in France (Lease Document or Utility Bill)
- Copy of Photo Page of Passport
- Company Letter of Transfer OR change of residence provided by the French Consulate in the UK (proving more than one year stay outside the EU required and more than one year expected stay in France required)
- T1 Transit Form (We organise this)
Removals to France – Prohibited items.
The following items are restricted or prohibited from being included in a household goods shipment:
- Alcohol and Tobacco Products
- Unlicensed Drugs
- Weapons, firearms, fireworks, explosives or ammunition
- Pornographic material or indecent materials involving children
- Counterfeit goods
- Radio transmitters
- Milk products or foodstuffs
- Animals, birds or fish (whether alive or dead)
- Parts taken from protected animal species, including furs, ivory etc.