How can I save money on my removal costs?
The top 6 Clever money saving tips on Edinburgh removals costs
- Don’t buy boxes and packaging online – the best removal companies will supply some, or all of your boxes free of charge as long as you are moving with them. (Free boxes and packaging at Removal Services Scotland. (RSS)
- Always use the storage services available from your removal company – keep everything with one company and not in a “self storage” only facility. (RSS can offer storage which can be loaded directly at your home, or on site self storage all in the same location as our removal trucks/offices). Our storage rates are cheaper and our free insurance covers the removal and the storage services.
- Don’t pay extra for removal or storage insurance – (RSS offer free transit and storage insurance up to £50,000).
- Always obtain a fixed price quote, don’t go for an hourly rate – The best removal companies will be able to assess how long the move will take and quote a fixed price, so you know exactly the final cost of your move. Hourly rates can lead to confusion about when the charge starts and stops and what happens with lunch breaks and if your keys are late with wating time etc.
- Pay the removal charges by bank transfer – cash or card payments cost companies money and time to process.
- Don’t use bubble wrap – it’s expensive, usually difficult to recycle and you need more boxes for packing as bubble wrap takes up more space in the box. Use recycled white paper wrapping, which good removal companies can supply. RSS will also supply a packing guide for anyone doing their own packing.
Removal Services Scotland have been moving customers in Edinburgh since 1991. Our experience and local knowledge enables us to offer a bespoke removal service. The quality of service you will receive from us is based on our aim of making your house removal as stress free as it can be.
Have a look at our customer reviews where you will see how helpful, professional and friendly our service has been for previous Edinburgh home movers.